Quin Shakra and my feline friend Ivan. Seed production for The Plant Good Seed Company in Ojai, California. I focus on Southern California native / hardy mint family perennial plants (think squirrel tolerant agriculture). I am currently working with:
- Apricot / Desert Globemallow (Sphaeralcea ambigua)
- Agastache genus plants: Sunset Hyssop (Agastache rupestris), Korean Licorice Mint (Agastache rugosa), Apricot Sprite / Hummingbird Mint (Agastache aurantiaca)
- True Comfrey (Symphytum officinale)
- Various Sage species: Cleveland Sage (Salvia clevelandii), Black Sage (Salvia mellifera), Hummingbird Sage (Salvia spathacea), Purple Sage (Salvia leucophylla), White Sage (Salvia apiana).
- Mexican Elderberry (Sambucus nigra ssp. Caerulea)
- California Mugwort (Artemisia douglasiana)
- Catnip (Nepeta cataria)
- Catmint (Nepeta racemosa / Nepeta nepetella)
- Wild Dagga (Leonotis leonurus)
- Western Vervain (Verbena lasiostachys)
- Bronze Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare)
- Sylvestris / Woodland Tobacco (Nicotiana sylvestris)
- Hyacinth Bean (Lablab purpureus)
- Various mallow species
Adding more seed crops to the cache whenever possible. Seeds are certified organic by Organic Certifiers. Certificate number 21-0575.
“The world and its surroundings” – Cornell Feline Health Center donor profile
“Sow Good Seed” Ojai Magazine profile, January 2021
“Riverside Onion Seed Production in Southern California” by me
Tending Seeds: Adventures in Gardening, Homesteading, and Herbalism podcast, with Sara Schuster, Episode 35
With Goda Trakumaite, co-author of the Adventures in Seed Saving comic book series. Issue #1: Squash and #2: Tomato are both available on the Plant Good Seed web site.
Follow our adventures with plants and place on Instagram or contact directly.